Why do I need my e-mails encrypted?
- SMAIL encrypts every e-mail you send to ensure the protection of data inside the e-mail from outside threats.
- Encrypted e-mails can only be opened by the recipient and sender. We do not have access to the data stored inside each e-mail.
Can I use SMAIL with my existing e-mail accounts?
- No new e-mail account or additional software is required to use our services. SMAIL has extensions for Gmail and Outlook that integrate the SMAIL features with your current e-mail addresses, all you have to do is sign-up.
Do recipients of my e-mails also need to have SMAIL?
- Only the sender needs to have a SMAIL account. In addition, SMAIL users can ensure the emails returned to them are secure by using our ENCRYPTED-REPLY™ option.
Who has access to the information inside my e-mails?
- Only the sender and the recipient. We don’t have access to any of the text or attachments inside the e-mail.
Will SMAIL encrypt all my e-mails?
- Yes! When you choose to use SMAIL then by default all your data is encrypted.
What We Do
What is a SMAIL encrypted e-mail or SMAIL?
- SMAIL has military grade encryption with an AES256 algorithm to make sure your e-mails stay safe and every SMAIL e-mail is always sent encrypted.
- We separate all the important information from the e-mail (attachments and content), classify the sensitivity of the e-mail/attachment and encrypt it with the unique private key of the user (we keep the key on a separate server that no one can access, only the user itself)
What is secure e-mail or SMAIL?
- SMAIL is an encrypted e-mail which also requires the recipient to pass a two-factor authentication before opening the e-mail. This is the highest level of e-mail security.
What is two-factor authentication?
- Two-factor authentication requires the recipient to either insert a correct password (determined by the sender) or retrieve a pin either from text-message or phone call that they must input before opening your e-mail.
What is a Postmarked e-mail?
Postmark is a patented technology of SMAIL that gives the sender legal proof the e-mail was sent, and the time the e-mail is opened.
What tracking data does SMAIL provide?
- SMAIL informs you about the time of sending, delivery, and opening of the e-mail as well as a mapped location of where the e-mail was opened.
Do the recipients of my e-mails know the e-mail is being tracked or postmarked?
- This depends on the sender preference. You can send an email using SMAIL’s email wrapper or without. If sent without the wrapper the format is the same a regular e-mail would look like.
Can my recipient send me an encrypted or ENCRYPTED-REPLY™?
- Yes, you can “force” the recipient to send you a reply that will require two-factor authentication from you in order to open it.
Can I use multiple email address under my SMAIL account to send e-mails?
- Yes, you can add additional e-mails to your account, but you need to verify each one separately first by clicking the links sent to you.
How To Use?
How to send an e-mail inside the SMAIL Website?
- First click the compose button on the left panel of the screen
- Then type in the e-mails addresses you wish to send the Trustified e-mail or SMAIL to in the To box. Add the necessary information, including phone number and contact name. (if you have already added their contact just click the red lettered version of their e-mail from the drop box.)
- Compose your e-mail, apply the different options: Track, Secure, Postmark or ENCRYPTED REPLY™. Click send, and you’re done!
Why do I need to supply my recipients phone number?
- To complete two-factor authentication of the e-mail to ensure only the recipient is opening your email a PIN is either texted or phoned in to them. This PIN is used to open your e-mail.
How to send an email inside Outlook?
- First download the SMAIL add-in for the e-mail application you wish to use.
- Click the “New E-mail” button and then click the red envelope for SMAIL. Instead of adding the recipients addresses into the To box, add the recipients into the Type new or saved email addresses box in the add-on.
- After adding all the desired e-mails and e-mail options, click apply and compose the e-mail as you normally would.
What if the recipient of my e-mail forgets their PIN for a SMAIL?
- The recipient can either ask the sender for a new access code, or the sender can give the original code again.